Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sabbath

Well, its Sunday, and one of my first weekends where I have set aside the day for God. He's really been reassuring me today. I was looking for answers with by setting aside this day, and I believe I have reached some conclusions.
Matthew chapter 5 thru chapter 7 hit me pretty hard today. They helped me to realize that what I was thinking wasn't totally off base, and in fact, very in line with what Jesus desires for us. The entire sermon seemed to hit me right where I needed to be hit. the metaphors and analogies all seem in place. Its amazing to see in one sermon how many lessons Jesus gives, but yet how interconnected they are.
It was interesting today that the sermon I went to was on "blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." I decided to fast awhile ago today, and didn't realize the coincidence until the pastor read the verse and I felt hunger. I don't really understand what fasting is, why exactly its done, or whatever, but I know it has certainly humbled me before God. Whenever I get hungry, I begin to think of Him and place my focus there, so it is a great reminder.
I went running with Megan H yesterday. That was alot of fun. Running is good. I think I will try to do some bike tonight while I read something.
I'm really excited to start working. I feel bad though, because all the times that he wanted me to come in, I have already made commitments during. I don't want to be a problem, but I feel like I am right now. Hopefully I can redeem that image, but I know what I've committed to and he chose to hire me anyhow. Thank God too. What a blessing to FIND a job in this market right now. And a great one too!
Taking a Sabbath really helps you to focus on what is important, and what you love, and why you do the things you do. I ought to practice this more often. I mean, its one of the ten commandments that everyone breaks.
Finished voice recording for the movie! So stoked about it. It was really awesome. Can't wait to see it on the "big screen" and show off my vocal skillz.

No comments: