Friday, March 13, 2009

Alright...I'm back

In Socal. It is nice to be home, but I don't feel like I have much to contribute there anymore. I was asked if I had any questions for my parents this weekend. I think I should, but I don't. The only questions I can think of are super awkward and I don't really want to know the answer, which is why I haven't asked before. But I just feel like I have a question, but don't really know what it is.
I had a nice car ride. Its nice to get lost in your thoughts. Also can be frustrating when you have a great thought, and then you realize you are thinking, thus losing the thought. Maybe thats just me. I seem to have a one track mind, though I can multitask mindlessly. But thats why its bad for me to study with other people, or with music, even though I love both. I can't listen to two conversations.
I don't know how to interact with my parents about my faith. Some of it, most of it actually, doesn't make sense to people who don't have it. The risk that Jesus took for us shows me how weak some of my risks are, but nonetheless they scare me. I'm going to be fasting about one decision that scares me this weekend. Sunday is going to be a Riley + God day and hopefully that will resolve something I've been thinking about for a long time.
Faith, Hope and Love are some good things He gave us, and the greatest is Love.
I read through one of my journals from two years ago (specifically my "prayer" journal that Helen gave me), and it was amazing how deep I got into that journal. I was glad to have started to read it. It brought back some real convictions.
I've realized that I like to work for other people, but not for myself. So what I'm going to try to do is put everything in context of my friends, present and future family, and to dream for that. I think that will help ME to accomplish things.
I was thinking about the song "Cat's Cradle" by Harry Chapin...it is one of my most inspiring songs even though the song itself is bleak. It serves as a warning to me. I don't want to be someone who goes through life blind and doesn't realize how my actions affect other people. I don't want to look back at the example I lead and see it in other people and have that example be the worst thing. I'll need help with that one.

No comments: