Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Words are coming out of my mouth...

So I'm not really quite sure what I want to write about. This usually happens and then I apparently have a lot to say.
I kinda want to be productive and keep working on my essays, but they are tiring me out. Why is it so hard to write a personal statement. I wish that colleges would just interview you. I really like face to face interactions. Thats where the good things happen...where people see who you are. Unfortunately, that's also very scary. I need to be better at interacting with people. Like today, I saw a group of people who I know, and am starting to be friends with, and I walked by, expecting them to say hi to me. Why on earth would they say hi to me when I am unwilling to recognize them? I think I need to keep working on branching out and meeting people. People are too cool for me not to meet.
Today was my last day of NPP tutoring. It is kinda bittersweet. I am very glad that I am done, but also am very glad for the experience I had (and the money I made). I actually saw real progress when I worked with the kids. Hopefully they will continue to work hard and get better at what they do. I think there is not enough homework given, or its not expected to be done. I think that would keep kids out of trouble, and would be a good reason to hold kids back if they are unwilling to work. There is nothing wrong with doing work outside of school. I always remember having homework. Plus it takes time to pass out and correct. I think some teachers may need a bit more dedication to it. Not all, but some.
I must say that I gotta respect what teachers do. It is tough stuff. I learned that lesson this summer. Sheesh. Hard, but essential. Props to them. I don't understand why some people make a lot of money and others don't. Either way, thats the system. But Jesus goes against those.
I am still reading Irresistible Revolution. If you haven't heard me talk about it, here it goes again. Probably my favorite book of all time. Its so true. The stories speak to the goodness of the Kingdom of God and His desire for it to be here now. There is truth about how Jesus was in the world, and the man lives the life he speaks for. Go Shane Claibourne. I'm excited to see him at Urbana...but I'm also just really excited about Urbana.
I hope and pray that it will blow my mind, and will give me a career path that excites me to no end!
I'll end my post there...Thanks if you made it all the way through my not-very-important, but good thoughts.

3 comments:

Latino Gamer said...

Always good thoughts, Riley.

Alex B. said...

Keep writing what's on your mind man! I always enjoy reading your blog. You havn't written in a while lol

Vicky said...

I love you, riley.