Saturday, April 11, 2009

Whew....

What a week it has been. What a rest of the year it is going to be. Almost non-stop stuff to do. I need to just keep trucking and hope for the best. Especially with Organic Chemistry. I'm not exactly sure how well I'm going to do in that class. Its not looking good right now. I really gotta make some adjustments.
I took a three hour nap today. I really need to soak in some love, and thats one of the ways I've felt really comfortable. I think its kinda one way I hide from stuff that is going on. But I also needed it.
Tomorrow is going to be filled with athletic stuff. Soccer in the morning, Quidditch at noon, and then football practice after that. I'm also going to go book shopping with Lauren. totally excited to read through a book for fun/serious discussion with someone. Especially when its over C.S. Lewis, who is amazing in and of himself. Saw Lauren sing today. Pretty much awesome. Two observations. One: she has an awesome voice, and two: it is interesting how, even though she was singing in another language, people in the audience were able to read her body language and know exactly what she was singing about. Well, I was sitting next to her sister, who does happen to know Italian.
I also had work today. It was pretty awesome. I always feel really blessed when people come and visit me, even if it isn't necessarily for me. It really speaks to the quality of the friends that I have. Or how cool my job is. :-) But seriously. I have such amazing friends.
I'm excited about the paper I'm writing for Montag as well. Its about the similarities of knowledge and its relation to work in Genesis as compared with Ecclesiastes, or Kohelet. One thing about that class is that it makes me realize that there are alot of questions Christians aren't asking, or at least don't have/should have definite answers about. One of the things that is most difficult to understand about God is that you can't understand Him. I believe that there will always be mysteries, even if the only mystery left is His love for us. I don't think we can possibly comprehend that. I have difficulty believing it as well. I think, partially because I am selfish and stuff, but also because it is so difficult to understand. I have to just be able to accept and live in that truth.
I guess you can't make anyone love you, and if you make someone love you, what kind of love is that? I mean certainly you can take steps to be loving and loveable. But forcing. Sigh.
Going to be making some phone calls this Easter...yay! I'm looking forward to talking to my fam.
Alright. Possibly enough scattered thoughts for the evening.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Aw thanks Riley!
I'm also really excited about reading the book! I'm glad our book-shopping turned into an adventure of sorts! : )