Monday, April 27, 2009

The Sound of Silence

...is quite lovely sometimes.
I have been on the move constantly for 4 days now. I have a little time tonight to sit back and rest. Not much, but I'll enjoy it.
It is my calm before the storm.
The storm could be relatively easy, but its just the fact that everything is all crammed together and I want to do fun stuff. But, to be honest, I have been having a great time.
STIM was awesome this weekend. It got me really excited about summer missions. I don't know how much it prepared me (since I haven't gone and been through LAUP yet), but I believe it has gotten me to think in the right direction. It certainly developed some interesting points. I recognize my heart isn't as open to new things now that I'm 20. I've been living in a culture for 20 years and don't even recognize it as culture until I run into others. I also want to be willing to interact openly and honestly with my team and be able to put my finger on what it is that is bothering me (if/when it does). I also recognized that I am a goal oriented person. I need to stay focused on the end result to stay motivated, especially with people. I'm also beginning to discover that they are pretty much the only thing that is worth the effort, but they take alot of effort.
Also, Doug came down this weekend! It was pretty durn awesome. I wish we were going to school closer to each other. Maybe it will work out for me to go to SLO or something. I played probably the best tennis of my life on Sunday though. My body is falling apart right now though...I think my wrist is broken again. My knee hurts like crazy (sometimes) and I sliced my finger open at work.
I only have one more day at work I think. Its been so good working at this job. I'm sad not to be able to focus more on it and enjoy it. But school is crazy and end of the year stuff all at random times.
Well, I haven't read much more of TPOP so I need to get on that. But I must say that my reading of chapter 6 basically narrated my day.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Poor Riley! : ( I hope your body puts itself back together again!

I'm still on either chapter 5 of TPOP so you're still ahead of me. I might catch up in the next couple days though...